Want to know if your Morkie or other small dog is healthy? Here are 5 easy ways to quickly check…
Feel his body
- gently run your hands all over your dog’s body to check for lumps, bumps or cuts
- any signs of discomfort? anything your dog is telling you doesn’t feel good?
Check his food dish
- is your dog eating the same amount of food as usual?
- although animals may eat less in warm weather, any big change is reason to keep a very close eye on your pet
- is your dog particularly out of breath after a walk? huffing and puffing? coughing?
- any signs of limping or painful joints?
Track his weight
- it can be hard to accurately weigh a small dog
- It’s worth investing in baby scales to keep track of your Morkie’s weight
- gains or losses can be a good indicator that something’s not right
- A good quality digital baby scale like this one, is available from Amazon.com for $59.99
The nose knows
- check your Morkie’s nose; it should be moist and slightly cool
- excess discharge or sneezing can be a sign of allergies or illness
- (did you know you can give your Morkie benedryl?)
Are you feeding your Morkie the most healthy food possible? Now, a downloadable ebook written especially for Morkies and their nutritional needs. 61 fact-filled pages, just $7.00
Read more about this invaluable guide here, or click below to order safely with PayPal