Gifts for dog lovers... and for dogs
Squeaky toys, new collars and treats top the list for gifts dogs get over the holidays. Here are some more ideas, along with gifts for dog lovers, ideas for the Morkie Mom on your list, and some stylish mugs for your coffee (and wine). These gifts are specially chosen for Morkies, Yorkies and Maltese and their humans.
All available at Amazon.com or find them locally. To check the latest prices and availability, just click on the item to go to the Amazon site.
Holiday gifts for dogs, by the numbers
About 78% of pet owners give their dog or cat a present at Christmas time, according to Vetstreet. And a generous 66% of pet owners report that they also buy gifts for pets belonging to other people!
On average, we spend and average of $9.50 on each pet; however in Great Britain, where they admit to being dog crazy, a new report shows “Pet owners will spoil dogs more than mates this Christmas.” There, dog owners spend an average of £19.98 on their pets compared to just £14.78 on their best mates!
Interactive toys and puzzles
ZippyPaws interactive hide-and-seek toys will provide hours of delightful fun for your pup. Dogs love digging the squeaky toys out of their den for a challenging game they can play alone or with you!
They’ll be begging you to put them back in the Burrow again and again for hours of fun. Interactive toy keeps dogs busy and engaged.
More high-quality pet products from ZippyPaws.com These cute, furry toys are packed with extreme squeak thanks to 2 large Blasters! No stuffing toys are great for small and medium-sized dogs. They’ll be begging you to put them back in the Burrow again and again for hours of fun. Interactive toy keeps dogs busy and engaged.
Great Gifts for Morkie Moms
Seven gifts for your Morkie that you CAN’T put under the tree
These gifts will help your Morkie enjoy a happy, healthy life:
1. Pet insurance – serious procedures can cost serious money. Surgery, an accident or cancer are all health emergencies that can put a major strain on your finances. Why not look at pet insurance? You can compare the different policies here:
- Consumers’ Advocate – Best pet insurance in Canada
- Canine Journal – U.S. pet insurance comparisons
- or google “compare pet insurance”
2. Regular Veterinarian care. You may opt for fewer vaccinations, but your Morkie still needs a regular wellness check. Most Vets recommend once a year, provided there is nothing bothering your dog in between.
3. Nutritious foods. Commercial dog food today is absolutely disgusting because of what goes in it. The foods that aren’t made from rotting, tumour-riddled meat, often contain lots of foods that dogs can’t really digest, such as CORN. The #1 way you can protect your pet: READ THE LABEL. You want to see a name of meat, such as chicken, beef, salmon, etc. high up on the label. Not the word “meat” and not meat digest, meal or by-products.
4. Clean, disease free teeth. Imagine you have a bursting abscess just under the gum line. You can’t tell anyone about it, and the pain never eases off. Not what we want for our dogs. Dental health is vital to your dog’s overall health, since bacteria from rotting teeth can make its way into the bloodstream, attacking the heart, kidneys, liver and other organs.
5. A life free of parasites. Worms, fleas and ticks can make your Morkie’s life miserable. But be careful with commercial treatments, especially the spot-on treatments like Frontline Plus or Bayer Advantage. They’re highly poisonous and NOT recommended for dogs under 20 pounds, says the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Check more here on this site, or on google, “about natural parasite control.”
6. Exercise. The Association for Pet Obesity Prevention estimates that 54% of dogs and 59% of cats are overweight or obese. Too much weight puts a big strain on the body, and will shorten your pet’s life. An easy cure is a brisk daily walk on a leash. Plus, the leashed walk is a great bonding and discipline opportunity for you and your Morkie.
7. Microchip and up-to-date tag. The American Humane Association estimates over 10 million dogs and cats are lost or stolen in the U.S. every year. One in three pets will become lost at some point during their life. Don’t let YOUR pet be the one who is left in a shelter or pound with no way home.
Game changing electronics for you & your Morkie
Furbo Dog Camera
Treat Tossing, Full HD Wifi Pet Camera and 2-Way Audio, Designed for Dogs, Compatible with Alexa (As Seen On Ellen)
- Fun TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free Furbo iOS/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: livestream video to monitor your pet with a wide-angle view, day and night.
- 2-Way Chat & BARKING ALERT: Furbo’s BARKING SENSOR is MADE FOR DOGS. It sends push notifications to your smartphone when it detects barking. Know what’s going on at home and talk to calm them down via the app.
- Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug in to a power outlet using its USB cord 2) download the Furbo app 3) connect to your home wifi.
- Stable internet connection & Wifi signal are recommended for best performance.