question mark with speech bubble icons

OK here are your clues.

People often think that this vegetable is a fruit.  It is used to make sweet treats, especially in summer.

It can be a powerful laxative, and it is poisonous to dogs.

Speaking of foods dogs cannot eat, did you know that the following can make your Morkie very sick:

  • apple cores (small bits of apple are OK)
  • avocados, especially the pits!
  • beer, wine and any alcohol
  • caffeine, like coffee, tea or cola products
  • chocolate
  • corn on the cob
  • fat trimmings and bones
  • grapes
  • macadamia nuts
  • mushrooms
  • onions and garlic
  • raisins
  • sugar (including glucose products, corn syrup, fructose, etc)
  • Xylitol – found in gum and candy and used as a sugar substitute

Back to our quiz…. it’s really a vegetable, although often confused with being a fruit. It’s used to make sweet treats, especially in summer.  It can be a powerful laxative… and it can make your Morkie very sick.

If you said RHUBARB – you’re right!

morkie-no-rhubarb1

Rhubarb is poisonous to dogs.

 

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)