Our new website is ready!

Our new website is ready!

Hope you enjoy this new site…. we’ve added more content for you, and much larger pictures.

Some of your favourite pages are easier to find than ever:

And guess who has a MORKIE!??

singer Drake

 

Here’s Drake in Toronto with his new Morkie. Left, the Morkie breeder. (Sorry we didn’t get her name)

 

See the other celeb pups here.

And a whole new album of Morkie puppies.

Do you have a picture you’d like to share? Please send it along! Just email to [email protected]

 

How big will your puppy get?

morkie worksheet

A lot of people have been asking this lately, so there’s a page dedicated to the subject, including a worksheet you can download and use to figure it out.

Not an exact science, but this should be helpful.

(And did you know that one of the parent dogs, the Yorkie, used to be a lot bigger?  Check it out.)

 

 

 

Feedback? Comments? Kudos?

Please share your thoughts on the new site, and anything you’d like to see that we’ve missed…  here’s the contact form.

 

Phew, time to take a rest!

 

Yorkshire Terrier on pillow

Happy Morkie Valentine’s Day!

Happy Morkie Valentine’s Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day Morkie fans! A couple of reminders for the day to keep your Morkie safe….

Chocolate can literally kill your Morkie!

It’s the Theobromine in chocolate that can poison your Morkie.  The darker the chocolate, the more deadly. Just a single square of Baker’s Chocolate can be enough to cause serious illness and even death, according to Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine.

Typical early symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, increased thirst, bloated stomach and restlessness. This usually happens 1 to 4 hours after the dog has eaten chocolate. Without treatment, seizures and muscle spasms follow, then cardiac failure (coma) and death. If you suspect your Morkie has had chocolate, get him to the Vet or emergency clinic right away.

 

 

Dogs can’t eat candy

 

Morkies are sweet enough! Even if the candy doesn’t have chocolate in it, high levels of sugar can send your Morkie into a mild diabetic coma. Plus, getting him used to sweet treats sets the stage for annoying begging, tooth decay and overweight. Remember, no Porkie Morkies 🙂

 

Artificial sweetener can be deadly for dogs

Xylitol is a next-generation sweetener that is in a lot of foods and treats. And it’s very toxic for pets. Although Xylitol is found naturally in berries, plums, etc. even small amounts of Xylitol in the manufactured form, can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), seizures, liver failure or death in dogs.

 

 

6 more things that can make your Morkie very sick

  1. alcohol of any kind – wine, beer, liquor
  2. grapes and raisins – experts don’t really know why, just that only a couple of grapes or raisins can lead to seizures, coma and death
  3. Macadamia nuts can bring on vomiting, tremors, joint pain and diarrhea. They’re extremely toxic for dogs.
  4. Garlic and onions are surprisingly toxic to dogs and cats. That’s because they contain chemicals that damage red blood cells in some animals, to the point where the cells can’t carry oxygen throughout the body. Cooking these foods does not make them any safer.
  5. Avocado, especially the pit, will bring on severe diarrhea and vomiting in your Morkie.
  6. Cellophane, ribbons and glittery stuff that chocolates and gifts are wrapped in, can get lodged in your dog’s intestine, making expensive emergency surgery necessary to save his life. Keep all wrappings out of harm’s way.

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)